Language requirements

To gain admission to a Master of Science in the English language at University Grenoble Alpes, applicants must document qualifications in the English language equivalent to the European standard "English level B2".

You have different ways to document this:

  • you can provide a certified test such as IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC, CAE, CPE...
  • if you have performed your prior higher education program in a European university and have obtained a certificate of English level B2, you can provide this certificate.
  • if you are a French student, you can provide a certificate from the language service of your university, or register to a certification test organized by the CLES.
  • if you have performed your previous higher education studies in the English language, you can provide a signed statement from your university or education institution (with the institution's stamp on it) stating that English is the main language of instruction.
  • in other cases, you must pass a certified test before being admitted. Applications will be processed when the UGA has received your test results.
Published on  March 1, 2023
Updated on March 1, 2023