How to apply
First year: If you have completed a Bachelor’s degree in Science or are enrolled in the final semester of a Bachelor’s program in Science, you are eligible to apply for the Master’s program N2. Your initial background should be in one or more of the following fields: physics, chemistry, biology, engineering, mathematics, nanosciences and nanotechnologies.
Second year: to be eligible you should have completed, or be enrolled in, a first year of a Master program in Science, and totalize 60 ETCS.
You must choose one of the three tracks: nanophysics, nanochemistry or nanobiosciences.
If you have followed or are following a Bachelor program in Science of four years or more, there are two possibilities: If your background covers all the the prerequisites of the M2 tracks, you can be admitted directly to the 2nd year courses of the master N2. Otherwise, we will advice you to follow the M1 RIT track. Accordingly, it is recommended that you first take contact with the coordinators of the 1st and 2nd year tracks in which you plan to apply.
To gain admission to an MSc in the English language at Université Grenoble Alpes, non-French applicants must document qualifications in the English language equivalent to the European standard ‘English level B2'.
If you are not French you have different ways to document this:
- if you have performed your prior higher education program in a European university and have obtained a certificate of English level B2, you must provide an attestation of your previous university for this certificate.
- if you have performed your previous higher education studies in the English language, we ask you to provide a signed statement from your University or Education Institution (with the institution's stamp on it) stating that English is the main language of instruction.
- in other cases you must pass an IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge Advanced English or Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE) test before being admitted. Applications will be processed when the UGA has received your test results.
How to apply
It is highly recommended that you send by email the following documents to the appropriate contact persons (see here) who will advise you and answer questions about your scolarity and your application:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Short covering letter or email specifying your interests
- Scan of your identity card
- Scan of all acquired qualifications, diplomas and transcripts for BSc and all available further teaching units.
- email of a professor with responsibilities for your current year of study.
The administrative procedure for applying to the master N2depends on your situation.
1) You are now following higher education studies in France. The online application procedure (e-candidat) at Université Grenoble Alpes opens on 8th February 2018 and closes on 31st May 2018.
2) Your present higher education institution is not France, and YOU ARE NOT a citizen of one of these countries:
Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, South Korea, Côte d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, United State of America, Gabon, Guinea, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Koweit, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mexico, Peru, RDC, Russia, Senegal, Singapor, Taiwan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Vietnam.
Create your application file online at the Université Grenoble Alpes. The online application procedure (e-candidat) at Université Grenoble Alpes opens on 8th February 2018 and closes on 31st May 2018.
You will have to provide the following items:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Covering letter specifying your intended career path
- Photocopy of identity card or birth certificate for foreigners
- Photocopy of all acquired qualifications and degrees, including High School Diploma, certified as being equivalent in the case of qualifications obtained outside of France
- Detailed list of courses specifying the marks obtained during the 4 years of higher education (Bachelor and eventually Master)
- A certificate of English language proficiency (TOEFL or IELTS or equivalent)
- A recommendation letter, provided by a professor with responsibilities for your current year of study.
3) Your present higher education institution is not France, and you ARE a citizen of one of the countries listed above. You have to go on the site Etudes en France, create an account, and then create your application file by choosing "Applicant". After filling your personal information, you will be asked to choose a program.
The application procedure on Etudes en France opens on 11th December 2017 and closes on 20th March 2018.
Be careful not only to apply but to validate your application as soon as possible so that your application can be evaluated.
Be careful, the deadline can be slightly different for your own country.
Be careful, once you have receive the answers, you must make select your program out of your applications in order to receive the official admission letter that will allow you to launch the administrative procedures.
Once validated, you will have to deposit a paper version of your file. Some Campus France require an appointment to deposit your file. Be careful to the schedule of your specific Campus France. Finally you will have an interview with Campus France.